Skip to main content

Poem - #11 | Changes

A dry rose made out of paper showing the changes that take place in life.

Oh life! Why always do you take such a sharp turn?
It cuts me deep, I bleed and still I have to run.
Dying with pain, physical or mental, do you think it's fun?
I did the enduring till you're done.

I lock myself up in a room, crouched in one corner I stay,
Like a prey running away from his predator,
I pray that all will be well, afraid of the future that lay,
I think of life as a bad mentor.

"Try to rise up and calm down, it's gonna be fine", they say.
"Is it that easy? My successes and failures gone with the wind so easily, how do I not freak out and say-----
Life's over and so is my hope, leave me alone and let me cry?"
"It's useless for me to stand up and try", I sigh.

And to you, to you and you alone,
Are you happy now? With me not bothered and gone
Blessed I am I realise to live with a life
Than to live with a selfless life filled with strife.

Countless emotions mixed with will,
I control myself, my desire to kill
You as well as me but I realise
I am for, you are and you are for, I am
As a life needs, a soul and a soul, a life.

Don't worry though as my bed is there for me
Her pillows with gentle stroke consoles me
Her cushion with it's supportive touch
And truly it's better than you, and your grudge.


~OISHIK SAMANTA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy Foley | The Guest List

Blurb:  A wedding celebration turns dark and deadly in this deliciously wicked and atmospheric thriller reminiscent of Agatha Christie from the author of  The Hunting Party. The bride ‧ The plus one ‧ The best man ‧ The wedding planner ‧ The bridesmaid ‧ The body On an island off the coast of Ireland, guests gather to celebrate two people joining their lives together as one. The groom: handsome and charming, a rising television star. The bride: smart and ambitious, a magazine publisher. It’s a wedding for a magazine, or for a celebrity: the designer dress, the remote location, the luxe party favours, the boutique whiskey. The cell phone service may be spotty and the waves may be rough, but every detail has been expertly planned and will be expertly executed. But perfection is for plans, and people are all too human. As the champagne is popped and the festivities begin, resentments and petty jealousies begin to mingle with the reminiscences and well wishes. The groomsmen begin the drink

Kimberly Brubaker Bradley | The War That Saved My Life

Blurb: An exceptionally moving story of triumph against all odds set during World War 2, from the acclaimed author of Jefferson’s Sons and for fans of Number the Stars.   Ten-year-old Ada has never left her one-room apartment. Her mother is too humiliated by Ada’s twisted foot to let her outside. So when her little brother Jamie is shipped out of London to escape the war, Ada doesn’t waste a minute—she sneaks out to join him.   So begins a new adventure of Ada, and for Susan Smith, the woman who is forced to take the two kids in. As Ada teaches herself to ride a pony, learns to read, and watches for German spies, she begins to trust Susan—and Susan begins to love Ada and Jamie. But in the end, will their bond be enough to hold them together through wartime? Or will Ada and her brother fall back into the cruel hands of their mother?   This masterful work of historical fiction is equal parts adventure and a moving tale of family and identity—a classic in the making. Review: 'The War

Alireza Taheri Araghi | The Immortals of Tehran

BLURB: As a child living in his family's apple orchard, Ahmad Torkash-Vand treasures his great-great-great-great grandfather's every mesmerizing word. On the day of his father's death, Ahmad listens closely as the seemingly immortal elder tells him the tale of a centuries-old family curse . . . and the boy's own fated role in the story. Ahmad grows up to suspect that something must be interfering with his family, as he struggles to hold them together through decades of famine, loss, and political turmoil in Iran. As the world transforms around him, each turn of Ahmad's life is a surprise: from street brawler, to father of two unusually gifted daughters; from radical poet, to politician with a target on his back. These lives, and the many unforgettable stories alongside his, converge and catch fire at the center of the Revolution. Exploring the brutality of history while conjuring the astonishment of magical realism, The Immortals of Tehran is a novel about the incan